Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the honest truth

I'll admit it. Since the earthquake hit Haiti, my reaction has been merely a passing thought here or a twinge of compassion there. I think I have subconsciously steered myself away from the news and pictures, kept myself busy enough to not think about the effect of such a disaster on that country. The past few days, though, things have been changing, opening in my heart. Heath & I were talking about Haiti and our reactions this weekend. As we asked ourselves, "What do you do when disaster hits one place after another?", the answer came loud & clear.

You help. You help however you can. And you keep helping.
How can I turn my back on those who are crying out for help?

For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help. Psalm 22:24

No comments: