In the not-so-recent news....Heath & I went to the Texas State Fair on October 13th. It was a big deal for me as I had never been to a state fair. Last year I was quite disappointed that we weren't able to go with all the moving expenses. So this year, I decided to start a State Fair fund months in advance to make sure we had enough cash to cover the exorbitant cost of just parking and walking in the front gate! Not only were we able to go, but it turned out to be beautiful weather - sunny with a cool breeze.
Highlights of our day include:
* being some of the first people there in the morning
* visiting the animals in the barns - especially the baby goats!
* eating corn dogs & loaded nachos
* seeing the Cotton Bowl and Big Tex
* tasting free food samples
* marveling over the biggest sand sculpture I've ever seen
* enjoying it all with my wonderful husband