Wednesday, February 3, 2010

getting ready for v-day

The wheels in my head have been turning lately, trying to think of ideas to celebrate Valentine's Day. I saw this on Made By Rae's blog and loved its simplicity. She called it "The Easiest Heart Garland. Evar." and I have to agree. I found the cheapie craft felt sheets at JoAnn, picked out some fun colors and ended up with 12 sheets - 2 of each color. All together - $3!!

So, here's how to replicate this heart garland:

Cut hearts out of felt. I used 72 for my garland.
Put them in some kind of order in a stack.

Machine sew them together. It's easiest to start with the top of the heart, rather than the point. Sew all the hearts together.Admire your handiwork and...decorate your house!

Remember the curtains in my kitchen that I don't like anymore? They've been replaced by this fun garland! And I'm loving it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love it! So cheerful. I bet you get lots more light in your kitchen too. Love, Grandma G

Kendra said...

so cute!! :) what a great idea!

Mom said...

Very Fun!!

Danielle said...

I am amazed at how you find time to do so many awesome things.