Thursday, February 11, 2010

everyone else has snow days; I want one too!

I awoke this morning and glanced out the window only to discover that our neighborhood had been transformed overnight. The trees are frosty white and everything is covered with a wonderful layer of snow! I don't know what it is, but I love waking up to a fresh white snowfall (and it hardly ever happens here in Dallas). It makes me want to cozy up next to a fire, or at least with a yummy cup of coffee and read all day. I've probably been conditioned from all the years in school that snow in the morning may mean a snow day. And snow days are the best! I love being able to NOT do whatever it was I was supposed to do and DO the wonderful things that I love - like bake or create or sew or paint or read or just play! The danger with hoping for a snow day is that we very well may not have a snow day and the day will continue as it was supposed to. It didn't seem like a mundane day until there was the hope of something else. Funny how that works...

Anyway, here in Dallas, the roads are looking okay right now so life and work will probably continue as always. If there's still snow after breakfast though, I will be taking Ainsley out because one of the things she talks about the most is playing in the snow! And even if we don't get a snow day, the world still looks magical and clean with all that snow out there!

No comments: