Monday, March 29, 2010

a little something for me

My sewing machine came with this plastic cover which worked great, that is, until it ripped. At first it was just a tiny rip, really not a big deal at all. But then the rip slowly became bigger and bigger until it was only half covering my machine. At that point, it was really quite useless as a cover.

It's been in the back of my mind since then that I really should get a new cover. I stumbled across this tutorial for a Sewing Machine Cover on Sew 4 Home a few weeks ago and decided to try it out. I am mostly happy with the result, though I think my corners could have been done better.

front view:

side view:

















top view:














now I just need to work up the nerve to try the Ironing Board Cover tutorial.

No comments: